Welcome to the 19th BCD's Website
Col. Rick P. Ullian
Sgt. Maj. William L. Gardner II
Operations Sergeant Major
The 19th BCD conducts liaison between USAREUR or designated ARFOR/Land Component Command and the 603d Air and Space Operations Center to coordinate airpower and ground capabilities across the range of military operations within the USEUCOM and USAFRICOM areas of responsibility.
liaison - (DOD) That contact or intercommunication maintained between elements of military forces or other agencies to ensure mutual understanding and unity of purpose and action. (JP 3-08) See ADRP 5-0.
Purpose: The 19th BCD facilitates the integration of Joint air and ground operations that enables the Joint Force to prevent conflict, shape the operational environment and win during conflict in the USEUCOM or USAFRICOM AORs.
- Design, plan, and execute a training path that certifies individuals, sections, and the BCD to achieve / sustain a ‘Trained’ METL assessment. (USAREUR LOE 1.2, 1.4, 3.1, 3.2,)
- Create a work environment that professionally develops leaders who are confident in their BCD duties and can excel at their follow on assignments. (USAREUR LOE 1.1, 1.2, 2.1)
- Connect both personally and digitally with USAFE, USAREUR, and USARAF staffs to enable effective liaison. (USAREUR LOE 2.1, 2.4, 2.5)
- Build a ready and resilient team of Soldiers and Families to promote individual welfare and accomplish the mission. (USAREUR LOE 3.2, 4.2)
- Comply with all DOD and Army training and administrative requirements to ensure Soldiers maintain discipline and standards. (USAREUR LOE 3.2, 4.1, 4.2)
Endstate: The 19th BCD is a ready and resilient team that will accomplish the mission, grow professionally, maintain standards, and care for each other and our Families.
19th Battlefield Coordination Detachment
APO AE 09094-3105