About This Page
As the result of a Department of Defense-directed, DOD-wide audit of its locally hired overseas employees receiving Living Quarters Allowance, approximately 250 U.S. civilian employees assigned to various activities of the Army in Europe were notified May 1, 2013 that they had been receiving LQA erroneously. In the vast majority of cases the error was due to no fault of the employee.
Click here to read more about the LQA issue
In an effort to provide a one-stop information resource for affected employees, USAREUR created a SharePoint Information Resource Center (Common Access Card required).
The resource center includes all available information on the issue, recent updates, and an interactive Frequently Asked Questions section. Access to the resource center is limited to personnel with a “dot mil” email account and Common Access Card capability.
To facilitate off-duty access to the most important information, we are replicating the FAQ here and providing a means to submit questions without accessing the SharePoint portal.
To submit your question, simply fill out this form.
View frequently asked questions about LQA
Note: With CAC Access you can subscribe to FAQ RSS Feed. Click for help with RSS.
To help speed the process, we provided categories to choose from:
- General Information -- Questions about the LQA audit process, the debt notification process and general information about the issue
- Allowances/ Entitlements -- Questions about what entitlements and allowances are affected, and how they are affected
- Way Ahead -- Questions about what to do next and how to do it
- How this may affect you -- Questions about the potential effects of this action on your credi, security clearance, rental agreements, etc.
- Army Support -- Questions about what support is available to you from the Army
- Other -- Questions that don't seem to fit anywhere else
Additional resource pages have been set up:
USAREUR LQA Town Halls
External Links Disclaimer
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Web site or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and MWR sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.