License Renewal from outside Germany

U.S. Forces personnel who have a U.S. Forces certificate of license and live outside of Germany may apply for renewal provided it has not expired for more than one year.

Complete an APPLICATION FOR U.S. FORCES POV CERTIFICATE OF LICENSE AND ALLIED TRANSACTIONS (AE FORM 190-1T), blocks 1-18, 22 and 24. You may download this in PDF format, print it, fill it out and sign it.

Undergo an eye examination and have your doctor or medical technician provide the results; dated and signed; with indication whether corrective lenses are required.

Provide your home address. Also provide an email address in case we have any questions. Because of having to block some commercial email providers, the preferred way to send us email is using your official email. If you use any commercial provider, we can't guarantee that we will receive it.

Enclose a check or money order in the amount of $20.00 made payable to:
USAREUR Registration Fund.

Please mail all of the above listed items to:

USAREUR Registry of Motor Vehicles
Attn: Operator's License
Unit 29230
APO AE 09136-9230

Your new U.S. Forces certificate of license is valid only after you become a member of the U.S. Forces stationed in Germany. Upon return to Germany, take your active U.S. Forces certificate of license to your local Driver's Testing Station and provide your new military address.

Any questions pertaining to Licensing please call:

CIV (0)611-143-542-2024/2025/2026 or DSN 542-2024/2025/2026