Exercise Rapid Trident
WHAT IS RAPID TRIDENT?
Rapid Trident is a regional command post exercise and field training exercise focused on peacekeeping and stability operations to ensure a safe and secure environment within the operating environment. This year's exercise will be the validation phase for the Ministry of Defense unit undergoing training under the Joint Multinational Training Group-Ukraine program. The exercise is being held at the International Peacekeeping and Security Center (IPSC) in Yavoriv, Ukraine, and will be conducted June 27-July 8, 2016.
Rapid Trident supports interoperability among Ukraine, the U.S., NATO and Partnership for Peace member nations. This year, 14 countries are taking part in the exercise with participation of approximately 2,000 personnel.
In preparation for the field training exercise, training audiences will undergo one week of situational training exercises that focus on exercise key tasks such as countering improvised explosive devices, convoy operations and patrolling. The exercise will feature a combined, internationally staffed battalion focused on peacekeeping and stability operations.
Participating nations' forces Ukraine, United States, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Georgia, Great Britain, Moldova, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Romania, Sweden and Turkey. The Rapid Trident exercise comes at the explicit request of the Ukrainian government and military.
YAVORIV, Ukraine-Rapid Trident 16, an exercise involving the U.S., Ukraine and 11 additional NATO and Partnership for Peace nations, officially kicked off at the International Peacekeeping and Security Center here Monday.
Rapid Trident 2015 in the News
Rapid Trident 2015 involved approximately 1,800 personnel from 18 countries. The exercise took place July 20-31, 2015.
- 'Multi-National Brigade' direct Rapid Trident 15 from international TOC
- Saber Guardian/Rapid Trident complete multinational training in Ukraine
- Combined intel cell keeps SGRT 15 leaders 'in the know'
- Saber Guardian joins Rapid Trident in Ukraine
- Rapid Trident moves to the field
- Video: Saber Guardian CPX begins at Rapid Trident
- Dignitaries visit Rapid Trident 2015
- US, Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria train together at Rapid Trident 2015
- Video: Saber Guardian/Rapid Trident 2015
- Video: Opening Ceremony
- Rapid Trident 2015 begins in Ukraine
Rapid Trident 2014 in the News
Rapid Trident 2014 involved approximately 1,300 personnel from 15 countries. The exercise took place Sept. 15-26, 2014.
- 409th Contracting Support Brigade supports Rapid Trident 14
- Video: The USAREUR Soldiers Chorus performs Lorde's "Royals"
- Video: Secretary of the Army, John McHugh, at Rapid Trident 2014
- Secretary of the Army John McHugh witnesses Rapid Trident 2014
- Stand-To! Exercise Rapid Trident
- Video: Opening Ceremony-Remarks by Col. Alexander Sivak
- Video: Opening Ceremony-Remarks by Col. Alfred Renzi
- Video: Rapid Trident Opening Ceremony
- Rapid Trident 2014 begins in Ukraine
- U.S. Army Europe announces U.S. participation in exercise Rapid Trident in Ukraine
Rapid Trident 2013 in the News
Rapid Trident 2013 involved approximately 1,300 personnel from 17 countries. The exercise took place July 8-19, 2013.
- Exercise Rapid Trident 2013 comes to a close
- U.S. Army Europe commander joins senior military leaders for visit to exercise Rapid Trident 2013
- U.S. Army Europe ‘Sky Soldiers’ train with multinational partners at Rapid Trident
- NATO Allied Land Command head visits Rapid Trident
- California Army National Guard participates in exercise Rapid Trident 2013
- VIDEO: Exercise footage
- VIDEO: Airborne operations
- U.S. ROTC cadets visit Exercise Rapid Trident 2013 in Ukraine
- VIDEO: U.S. ROTC cadets at Rapid Trident
- Situational training highlight of exercise's first week
- Paratroopers drop in to Rapid Trident
- Exercise Rapid Trident 2013 opens in Ukraine
Rapid Trident 2012 in the News
Rapid Trident 2012 involved approximately 1,400 personnel from 16 countries. The exercise took place July 16-27, 2012.
- Rapid Trident 2012 closes: Multinational exercise’s three-prongs strengthens stability, partnership and interoperability
- Photos from Rapid Trident 2012
- Rapid Trident 2012: Canadian Engineers
- Rapid Trident 2012: The First Week
- Rapid Trident 2012 begins in Ukraine, showcases multinational partnership, interoperability
Rapid Trident 2011 in the News
Rapid Trident 2011 involved approximately 1,600 personnel from 13 countries.