Exercise Saber Strike
WHAT IS SABER STRIKE?
Saber Strike is a long-standing U.S. Army Europe-led cooperative training exercise designed to improve joint interoperability through a range of missions that prepare the 13 participating nations to support multinational contingency operations. The exercise - taking place from May 27-June 22 in multiple locations throughout Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - serves as an effective proving ground for units to validate their ability to assemble rapid-reaction forces and deploy them on short notice where needed.
Saber Strike 16 features allied and partner-nation ground forces conducting live-fire, command post, and cyber/electronic warfare training, plus the integration of U.S. close-air support with multinational ground forces. Leading up to the exercise, the 2nd Cavalry Regiment will demonstrate U.S. land forces' dynamic presence throughout the region, exhibiting freedom of movement during a 2,200-kilometer tactical road march, called Dragoon Ride II, from Germany to Estonia.
Participating nations this year include Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, as well as Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Saber Strike 2016
ADAZI TRAINING AREA, Latvia -- "Task Force Stilwell" Soldiers quite literally fueled Marine success during the run-up to Saber Strike '16.
A C-17 Globemaster III from the 164th Airlift Wing, Tennessee Air National Guard, arrived at Tallinn Airport, Estonia, June 14, 2016.
U.S. Army Sgt. Ryan Steiner, a native of Columbus, Ohio, a team leader with Eagle Troop, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, looks through a scope of an M4 semi-automatic machine gun, during a combined squad training exercise with the Finnish Soldiers of the Armoured Reconnaissance Platoon at the Tapa Training Area, Estonia, June 15, 2016.
TAPA, Estonia -- Senior Army leaders gathered in the Tapa Army Base dining facility, for a cake-cutting ceremony in celebration of the Army's 241th birthday, during Saber Strike 16, here on June 14, 2015.
Saber Strike is a cooperative training exercise led by U.S. Army Europe spanning from May 27 through June 22 in locations throughout Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, featuring 13 participating nations.
Pilots from the 37th Airlift Squadron fly over Riga, Latvia, June 10, 2016. U.S. armed forces and Latvian airmen will participate in Saber Strike 16; a long-standing, U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff-directed, U.S. Army Europe-led cooperative-training exercise, which has been conducted annually since 2010.
U.S. Airmen joined more than 4,500 military members from 13 different NATO countries as they kicked off exercise Saber Strike 16 June 12, 2016.
TAPA TRAINING BASE, Estonia – A wave of unity took place as Allied and partner nations from 13 different countries joined together for the opening ceremony of Saber Strike 16 at Tapa Training Base in Estonia, June 13, 2016.
The Heavy Airlift Wing (HAW), the operational unit of the 12-nation Strategic Airlift Capability (SAC), supports Exercise Saber Strike 2016. Approximately 10,000 military personnel from 13 countries, including seven SAC member nations, participate in the exercise, which takes place in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania from 30 May to 22 June.
TAPA, ESTONIA -- Approximately 10,000 personnel from 13 countries will participate in the U.S. Army Europe-led joint, multinational exercise "Saber Strike 16," taking place in multiple locations in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania from May 30 to June 22.
BAUMHOLDER, Germany -- The 4th Infantry Division Mission Command Element hosted a rehearsal of concept drill to provide military intelligence practitioners within U.S. Army Europe an opportunity to collaborate and synchronize collection efforts in support of three major upcoming multinational exercises in eastern Europe.
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany - Regiment Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 2d Cavalry Regiment set up a Tactical Operation Center and Tactical Command Post March 8 -10, 2016 in the Grafenwoehr training area near Rose Barracks in order to conduct a two-week staff exercise.
ROSE BARRACKS, Germany -- Having a military unit that can effectively move from one location to another, set up shop and complete missions can be the difference between a successful mission or a failed one.
Soldiers with the Regiment will conduct Dragoon Ride II, a vehicle road march using Stryker Combat Vehicles and support vehicles from Rose Barracks, Germany, to Tapa, Estonia, May 27 through June 15, 2016.
Saber Strike 2015
Saber Strike 2015 spanned multiple locations in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, and involved approximately 6,000 personnel from 13 countries. The exercise took place from June 8-19, 2015.
- Army paratroopers take beach during exercise
- Task Force Brawler and Dutch soldiers participate in Noble Jump
- Images: Firing artillery
- Death before dismount, American and Danish soldiers participate in CALFX during Saber Strike 15
- Images: Pennsylvania National Guard conduct annual training in Lithuania
- Video: Saber Strike FTX
- 37 AS, 435th CRG support Saber Strike 15
- US, Latvian military conduct airborne training in conjunction with Europe-wide exercise
- Video: Multinational JTAC Train together at Saber Strike 2015
- Video: Latvia Jump Day
- Seizing opportunities for partnership: US paratroopers train in Poland
- Seizing Swidwin
- Images: Over the meadow, through the woods
- Video: Multinational JTACs
- Video: Saber Strike FTX
- Images: Danish and American Soldiers participate in a Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise at Saber Strike 15
- Video: Artillery Drop
- Images: Saber Strike 2015 multinational FTX in full swing
- It's a Bird, It's a Plane, No, it's the King of Battle
- Images: German army's UAVs provide eyes in the skies for Saber Strike 15
- Video: DV Visit for USAREUR visit Saber Strike Exercise in Latvia
- Video: Saber Strike Combat Communication
- Thunderbolts bring the fire : A-10s assist in fire mission for Saber Strike 2015
- Images: Locals get close look at military equipment
- Images: Look! Up in the sky! : Apache Helicopters join Saber Strike 2015
- Images: By land and sky
- Michigan National Guard participates in international training exercise
- Maryland Air National Guard in Estonia
- Allies train for better maneuver capabilities at Drawsko Pomorskie Training Area during Saber Strike 15
- Standing Side-by-Side: Saber Strike 15 starts
- Video: Opening Ceremony
- Soldiers host Polish students for an afternoon of exploration
- Video: School Interaction Day
- Platoon of Stryker troops, vehicles arrives in Lithuania for Saber Strike 2015 exercise
- Minot B-52s participate, train with allies in BALTOPS, Saber Strike exercises
- Saber Strike 2015 begins in Lithuania
- 28 ID soldiers point and shoot in Lithuania
- Images: Preparing for Saber Strike
- B-52s to Demonstrate Long-Range Strategic Capabilities in Europe
- Video: 56th SBCT Strykers land in Lithuania for Saber Strike
- The battle is on – on the largest map in the country
- The Iron Wolf howled
- Able Falcon allows freedom of movement for US assets in Baltic States
- Together we are strong
- 28th Infantry Division soldiers arrive in Lithuania
- Exercise Saber Strike 15 demonstrates international cooperation capabilities
Saber Strike 2014
Saber Strike 2014 spanned multiple locations in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, and involved approximately 4,500 personnel from 10 countries. The exercise took place from June 9-20, 2014.
- Video: Saber Strike 2014 Closing Ceremony in Latvia
- Photo Album: Saber Strike 2014
- Video: Multinational ceremony closes Saber Strike 2014
- Video: Saber Strike 2014 comes to a close
- Multinational ceremony closes Saber Strike 2014
- U.S. Air Force video: 435th Contingency Response Group, Latvian airmen hone sling load skills
- Video: Final field training exercise mission of Saber Strike
- Four-day field training exercise caps Saber Strike 2014
- Video: Final mission at Saber Strike 2014
- Video: Breaking bread, Saber Strike style
- Danish military leaders visit exercise Saber Strike
- Finnish forces video: Finnish forces in action during Saber Strike
- Video: Interview with Saber Strike co-director Maj. Gen. Mark McQueen
- Video: Pennsylvania National Guard captain talks about Estonian heritage
- Video: Estonian liaison officer interview
- Video: Multinational field training exercise
- Video: US, Lithuanian Joint Tactical Air Controllers build skills together
- Danish Division commander: Saber Strike symbol of 'the way to go in the future'
- Video: Lithuanian, Danish forces train together at Saber Strike
- Lithuanian president, dignitaries visit Saber Strike 2014
- Video: Lithuanian president, dignitaries visit Saber Strike 2014
- Lithuanian forces video: Distinguished Visitor Day at Saber Strike
- Video: Distinguished Visitor Day demonstration
- Lithuanian citizens get a look at Saber Strike 2014
- Army, Air National Guard support Saber Strike
- A lot goes on behind the scenes to support Saber Strike
- Video: 435th Contingency Response Group drops paratroopers, supplies into Saber Strike
- Video: 173rd Airborne Brigade and Lithuanian 'Iron Wolf' brigade prepare for Saber Strike 2014
- Lithuanian forces video: Offensive and defensive operations
- Video: Combat engineers prepare for battle
- Video: 'We would very much like to work closer together with our partners'
- Video: Last checks for field exercise
- Lithuanian forces release: Distinguished Visitor and Media Day to feature allied demonstration
- Lithuanian forces interview with U.S. Stryker officer: 'allies speak the same language'
- Video: Saber Strike field exercise preparation
- Video: Black Hawks in Lithuania
- Video: Saber Strike cultural day in Latvia
- U.S. Army Europe commanding general visits Lithuania during Saber Strike 2014
- Video: Countering armored forces at Saber Strike
- Video: Digging in at Saber Strike
- Latvian Armed Forces commander visits troops during Saber Strike
- Pennsylvania National Guard Soldiers train with Lithuanian Land Forces
- Video: Footage of Saber Strike 2014 situational training
- Video: Footage of assembly area operations during Saber Strike 2014
- Video: U.S. Army Europe commander visits Saber Strike 2014
- Video: Pennsylvania National Guard, Lithuanian forces join for situational training
- Video: Pennsylvanians meet Lithuanians
- Blog: Soldiers bring firewood to Latvian villages
- Canadian Army Flickr Album
- Saber Strike 2014 distinguished visitor, media day announced
- NATO joins Exercise Saber Strike 2014 in Baltics
- Multinational Exercise Saber Strike 2014 formally opens in Lithuania
- SbS14: observer coach training focuses on joint and combined interoperability
- Saber Strike unites 10 countries
- Video: Opening ceremony (with English subtitles)
- Military exercise Saber Strike 2014 officially opens
- Michigan Shadow platoon flight at opening of Saber Strike
- Video: Saber Strike 2014 opening ceremony
- Exercise Saber Strike 14 demonstrates international cooperation
- Video: 173rd Airborne Brigade and Lithuanian 'Iron Wolf' brigade prepare for Saber Strike 2014
Saber Strike 2013
Saber Strike 2013 spanned multiple locations in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia and involved approximately 2,000 personnel from 14 countries. The exercise took place June 3-14, 2013.
- Saber Strike 2013 demonstrates international cooperation
- Command Post Exercise begins set up in Pabrade (Video)
- Opening ceremony in Adazi, Latvia (Video)
- Latvian interview with Adazi Saber Strike field-training exercise commander (Video)
- Multinational Corps Northeast begins Saber Strike 2013 in Estonia
- U.S. Soldiers settle into Saber Strike 2013 (Video)
- Saber Strike field training begins in Adazi, Latvia (Video)
- The Royal Welsh at Saber Strike (Video)
- Latvian National Guard ambush video (Video)
- Latvian National Guard conducts ambush lane
- Integration of JTACs into Saber Strike (Video)
- Lithuanian president visits Saber Strike 2013
- Latvian Army conducts attack lane at Saber Strike (Video)
- Multinational JTACs add to Saber Strike realism (Video)
- Latvian National Guard conducts attack (Video)
- U.S. Army Europe Commanding General Visits Saber Strike (Video)
- Lithuanian and U.S. company conduct offensive operations (Video)
- USAREUR CG visits Saber Strike 2013 situational training exercise in Latvia
- Pennsylvania Army National Guard in the defense (Video)
- NATO Multinational Corps Northeast arrives in Tapa, Estonia (Video)
- Interview with Lt. Gen. Campbell (Video)
- Estonian and British troops on the attack (Video)
- Lithuanian and U.S. troops establish a defense (Video)
- Lithuanian Maj. Gen. Almantas Leika (Video)
- Current Ops: Staying Aware (Video)
- Generals, diplomats visit Saber Strike to observe training (Video)
- Expeditionary Medical Support (Video)
- The Support Behind the Exercise (Video)
- The Estonian 'Patria Pasi' SISU XA-188 (Video)
- Battalion-level attack at Saber Strike (Video)
- Col. Liberts: This exercise provides a unique experience to all the participants
- Joint planning at Saber Strike (Video)
- Maj. Gen. Elmo interview (Video)
- Lithuanian and U.S. soldiers in the field (Video)
- Saber Strike ambush lane (Video)
- ROTC cadets participate in Saber Strike (Video)
- Multinational Corps Northeast in Tapa (Video)
- Saber Strike battalion attack (Video)
- This ain't laser tag (Video)
- 44th Expeditionary Signal Battalion provides communications for Saber Strike
- Closing ceremony in Latvia (Video)
- Saber Strike 2013 a demonstration of multinational partnership in the Baltics