WHAT IS ATLANTIC RESOLVE?
Atlantic Resolve is a demonstration of continued U.S. commitment to collective security through a series of actions designed to reassure NATO allies and partners of America's dedication to enduring peace and stability in the region in light of the Russian intervention in Ukraine.
Since April 2014, Army Europe has led land forces efforts on behalf of the U.S. military, by conducting continuous, enhanced multinational training and security cooperation activities with allies and partners in eastern Europe.
These multinational training and security cooperation activities are taking place in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary. These training events improve interoperability, strengthen relationships and trust among allied armies, contribute to regional stability, and demonstrate U.S. commitment to NATO.
Atlantic Resolve demonstrates the U.S. commitment to the security of NATO allies on air, land and at sea. To ensure its own security, NATO must have strong, committed and capable allies, which is why the United States has fought, exercised and trained with our European allies for the past 70 years. The U.S.-European strategic partnership is built on a foundation of shared values, experiences and commitment to a Europe that is stable and prosperous.
In the News
Paratroopers from Chosen Company, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment (Airborne), 173rd Brigade Combat (Airborne) take part in Zobens, a 30 hour non-stop exercise with multinational troops.
Brig. Gen. Kenneth L. Kamper, Deputy Commanding General of the 4th Infantry Division, who leads the Mission Command Element for Atlantic Resolve, speaks with Maj. Paul Deleon, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment Battalion Executive Officer, and Maj. Brian Miletich, S3 Operations Officer, at Camp Adazi, Latvia September 25, 2016.
ADAZI, LATVIA -- U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Fredrick Hodges, Commanding General of United States Army Europe, visited Camp Adazi, Latvia September 24, 2016.
REZEKNE, Latvia - Two weeks ago Paratroopers from Chosen Company, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat, landed in Latvia where they will spend the next six-months training with their Latvian partners as part of Atlantic Resolve.
REZEKNE, Latvia -- After 30 hours of continues operations, Exercise Zobens has come to a close for the U.S., Latvian and Lithuania forces that participated in this Latvia led training event.
VESZPREM, Hungary - "End of Mission. Target Number AS 4000. One Mortar team neutralized. Estimated two casualties, over." The transmission from the American observers came across the net loud and clear, bringing a cease fire to the Hungarian howitzer battery located 500 meters to their rear.
VESZPREM, Hungary --Combat medics from both U.S. and Hungarian forces build close relationships and bring the term "interoperability" to a new level during Brave Warrior 16.
Paratroopers with Company D, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade, clear weapons from a Polish paratrooper serving as the opposing force during exercise Pantera in Zagan, Poland, Sep. 20, 2016.
TRZEBIEN, Poland - Upon landing at the drop zone in Poland, Sep. 12, "Destined Company" Company D, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade, wasted no time establishing a strong footing on ground and immediately began preparations for their follow-on mission.
Paratroopers with Company D, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade, join the Polish 18th Airborne Battalion, 6th Airborne Brigade, for the opening ceremony for joint training exercise Pantera in Trzebien, Poland, Sep. 17, 2016.
RUKLA, Lithuania - Brig. Gen. Kenneth L. Kamper, Deputy Commanding General, 4th Infantry Division, who leads the Atlantic Resolve Mission Command Element, visited 173rd Airborne Brigade Paratroopers Sept. 21 as they conducted basic marksmanship training in Lithuania.
RUKLA, Lithuania -- Soldiers from 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, received a hearty thank you and a heartfelt goodbye from the Lithuanian Mechanized Infantry "Iron Wolf" Brigade Sept. 21 at a medal ceremony here.
FORT CARSON, Colo. -- Readiness for ground combat is the Army's number one priority, and actionable intelligence is an integral part of that readiness equation.
Soldiers from 3/69 deployed to Lithuania in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve gear up and take part in a multinational 40k ruck march throughout the country.
The Honorable Debra S. Wada, Assistant Secretary of the Army Manpower and Reserve Affairs, and Brig. Gen. Ken Kamper, deputy commanding general, 4th Infantry Division, share a smile after staff introductions at the 4ID Mission Command Element headquarters in Baumholder, Germany Sep.15, 2016.
Speed and Power Soldiers case their colors signifying the end of their rotation in Europe in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve, a U.S. led effort in Eastern Europe that demonstrates the United States’ commitment to the collective security of NATO and enduring peace and stability in the region.
ADAZI, LATVIA - Speed and Power Soldiers case their colors signifying the end of their rotation in Europe in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve, a U.S. led effort in Eastern Europe that demonstrates the United States' commitment to the collective security of NATO and enduring peace and stability in the region.
HOHENFELS, Germany - The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division cased their colors during a ceremony at Hohenfels Training Area, Germany September 15, signifying the end of their time as the regionally allocated force for U.S. European Command.
Paratroopers from Company D, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade, conducted an airborne insertion in Chechlo, Poland, Sep. 12, 2016 as a part of Bayonet Strike, a 96-hour operation that moved the entire battalion into Eastern Europe.
CHECHLO, Poland - Just before sunset, a band of green parachutes stipples across the sky at Dabrówka lookout as Paratroopers with Company D, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade, conducted an airborne insertion arriving in Chechlo, Poland, Sep. 12, 2016.
NOVO SELO TRAINING AREA, Bulgaria -- For many years to come, Eastern European countries will have vastly improved training ranges at military bases throughout the region. This stems from the ongoing U.S. military construction effort, Resolute Castle.
MANNHEIM, GERMANY -- The first unit from 3rd Infantry Division's 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team cased their colors signifying the end of their six-month deployment in Europe in support of Atlantic Resolve, a U.S. led effort in Eastern Europe that demonstrates the U.S. commitment to the collective security of NATO and enduring peace and stability in the region.
NURMSI, ESTONIA -After a two and a half hour flight from Italy on a C-17 Globemaster III Paratroopers assigned to Company B, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment (Airborne), 173rd Airborne Brigade, conduct an airborne insertion exercise onto a drop zone in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve.
TRZEBIEN, Poland -- Soldiers of Company D, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, conducted a combined arms live fire exercise with Polish soldiers of the 10th Armoured Cavalry Brigade, 11th Armoured Division, Aug. 31-Sep. 1, 2016 in Trzebien, Poland.
Soldiers from Battle Company, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division based out of Fort Stewart, Ga. conducted a joint live fire exercise August 30, 2016 in Pabrade, Lithuania.
MIHAIL KOGALNICEANU AIR BASE, Romania -- The 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, cased its colors, here, Aug. 30.
TRZEBIEN, Poland - Concealed among thick foliage, camouflaged faces patiently scanned the water's edge from behind the scope of their M4 carbines. When the signal was given, dismounted troops quietly slipped into the frigid, flowing water and secured the far side of the river, making way for M1A2 Abrams tanks to ford through.
ADAZI, Latvia -Soldiers assigned to the 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division based out of Fort Stewart, Ga. conducted a joint live fire exercise with their NATO allies August 22, 2016 in Adazi, Latvia.
RIGA, Latvia -- Soldiers assigned to the 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division based out of Fort Stewart, Ga. participated in the Latvian National Guard's 25th Anniversary with their NATO allies August 20, 2016 in Riga, Latvia.
NOVO SELO TRAINIG AREA, Bulgaria -- The Soldiers of Anvil and Bayonet Companies, 1st Combined Arms Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment have rolled out to the fields of Bulgaria for their last gunnery this rotation.
CINCU, Romania -- In 2007, two 17-year-old high school graduates from central Oregon joined that state's Army National Guard.
TAPA TRAINING AREA, Estonia - Soldiers from Company A, 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, held joint maneuver training with the Estonian Armor School at Tapa Training Area, Estonia August 16.
CERNAVODA, Romania - Soldiers and Marines from Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base, Romina joined Romanian body builders in a friendly strongman competition during the annual City Days festival in Cernavoda Aug. 20.
WARSAW, Poland - Soldiers of Company D, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, based out of Ft. Stewart, Ga., took part in the Polish Armed Forces Day Parade in Warsaw, Poland, Aug. 15, 2016.
TUKUMS, Lativa, - Soldiers of the 177th Military Police Brigade, Michigan National Guard; Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines based out of Columbus, Ohio; the 1st Region, Zemessardzes (Latvian National Guard); and Lithuanian Land Forces participated in the closing ceremony of Strong Guard 2016 (Zobens 2016) near Tukums, Latvia, Aug. 14, 2016.
WARSAW, Poland -- Soldiers of Company D, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, based out of Fort Stewart, Georgia, marched in the Polish Armed Forces Day Parade here, Aug. 15.
Soldiers assigned to 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division conducted a live fire exercise with their NATO allies August 11, 2016 in Rukla, Lithuania.
From riding in a Polish BMP infantry fighting vehicle to firing Polish small arms, the "Dark Knights" of Company D, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, on a training rotation in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve, have taken every opportunity to train with their allies.
U.S. Army Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 41st Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, drive M109A6 Paladins for a demonstration during Exercise Flaming Thunder at Pabrade, Lithuania August 7, 2016.
Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 41st Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division participated in the opening ceremony of Exercise Flaming Thunder August 1, 2016 at Pabrade, Lithuania.
Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 41st Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, trained with Lithuanian and German forces, firing artillery at targets in the Baltic Sea, during Exercise Flaming Thunder, August 2, 2016, at Kairiai, Lithuania.
TRZEBIEN, Poland -- To fully understand the capabilities of their Polish counterparts, the "Dark Knight" soldiers of Company D, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division got up-close and personal with the Polish BMP infantry fighting vehicle during joint training operations Aug. 2 in Trzebien, Poland.
Soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, attend the Estonian Basic Training course, July 2016.
CONSTANTA, Romania - Professional staff members from the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Defense visited Mihail Kogalniceanu (MK) Air Base, July 22, 2016 to review U.S. Army investments here.
VILNIUS, LITHUANIA - The soldiers of 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, raised the national flags of the U.S., Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia during a re-naming ceremony, July 22, 2016.
TRZEBIEN, Poland - Soldiers of Company D, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division joined forces with Polish soldiers assigned to the 11th Lubuska Armoured Cavalry Division, to conduct a live-fire exercise in Trzebien, Poland, July 19, 2016.
NOVO SELO TRAINIG AREA, Bulgaria -- The soldiers of Anvil Company, 1st Combined Arms Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment have rolled out to the fields of Bulgaria, July 21, 2016 to conduct an 11-day field exercise consisting of platoon and company level situational training exercises (STX).
A Soldier from the scout squad of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Combined Arms Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, makes notes on a map after using an H37 Horus to identify hidden targets during target detection training, July 20, 2016 in Smardan, Romania.
Soldiers from 5th Squadron, 7th Calvary Regiment qualified Bradley crews and sections at Camp Ujmajor, Hungary, July 21 as the squadron continues to progress through their gunnery qualification tables.
Soldiers from Baltic Nations and the U.S. stand in formation at a Latvian change of command ceremony at Camp Adazi, Latvia July 19, 2016.
ZAGAN, Poland - Soldiers of Company D, 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, stationed out of Fort Stewart, Ga. here in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve, wrapped up a week-long small arms density with back-to-back stress shoots at Zagan Training Area, Poland, July 15.
French Senator Conway-Mouret visits 3rd Battalion, 69th Armored Regiment in Rukla, Lithuania, 16 July 2016, and speaks to battalion commander, Lt. Col. Johny Evans regarding his unit's activities in the region.
Soldiers from Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 69th Armored Regiment, attended Lithuanian Land Forces Day in Kuanas, Lithuania, July 15, 2016 and participated in a change of command for Lithuanian Land Forces at Kuanas castle.
KAUNAS, Lithuania - Soldiers from Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 69th Armored Regiment, attended Lithuanian Land Forces Day in Kuanas, Lithuania, July 15, 2016 and participated in a change of command for Lithuanian Land Forces at Kuanuas castle.
CONSTANTA, Romania -- The Black Sea Area Support Team (BSAST) ministry is continuing its efforts to strengthen the ties between Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base and the local Romanian community.
ZAGAN, Poland -- Soldiers of 3rd Combined Arms Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, stationed out of Fort Stewart, Ga. here in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve, conducted an M4 rifle range at Zagan Training Area, Poland, July 12.
Soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, participated in an opening ceremony prior to occupying new barracks at Tapa Training Area, Estonia June 27.
GARKALNES, Latvia -- The sun is shining and there is an energy in the air as soldiers help Latvian contractors unload a train.
WASHINGTON -- Imagine a transportation company operating out of Fort Riley, Kansas, that is required to deliver fuel to New York City, ammunition to Atlanta, and repair parts to California simultaneously.
RIGA, Latvia-- The sun was shining, birds were chirping and freedom was in the air as the American Chamber of Commerce hosted its American Independence Day picnic in Latvia, July 2, 2016. Everyone was invited, Latvians, local Americans and soldiers from the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armored Regiment.
ADAZI, Latvia -- Handshakes, letters, lots of packages and even more smiles this 4th of July at the U.S. Army Post Office at Adazi, a military site in Latvia that hosts U.S. soldiers deployed in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve.
MIHAIL KOGALNICEANU, Romania -- Soldiers from Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base met with the Primaria (mayor) of the local commune of Mihail Kogalniceanu June 30, 2016 to discuss continuing and increasing mutual out-reach programs to strengthen the ties between the base and the local community.
IKLA, ESTONIA - Sunny skies, warm temperatures, and clear roads make for a great road trip. July 1, 2016, U.S. Army soldiers from the 515th Transportation Company, 39th Transportation Battalion, 16th Sustainment Brigade, 21st Theatre Sustainment Command based in Latvia took part in what has become a regular trip for them, traveling cross-border to resupply members of their own unit in Estonia.
Soldiers from 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division attend a 4th of July celebration in Latvia with members of the local community, while supporting Operation Atlantic Resolve, 2 July 2016.
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division has brought Abrams Main Battle Tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles back to the Baltics, Central and Southeastern Europe as they take over the Operation Atlantic Resolve mission July 1.
NOVO SELO, Bulgaria - Austin Peay students with the Tennessee Army National Guard flourishes in a joint medical training exercise with the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps as part of Operation Resolute Castle during May and June 2016 in Novo Selo, Bulgaria.
NOVO SELO TRAINING AREA, Bulgaria - Senior staff of the 194th Engineer Brigade, Tennessee Army National Guard meet with Nikolay Nankov Nenchev, Minister of Defense of the Republic of Bulgaria to discuss increasing current expansion of Novo Selo Training Area, Bulgaria on Memorial Day, May 30, 2016.
TALLINN, Estonia -- The Estonian NATO Force Integration Unit headquarters opened their new building in Tallinn, Estonia, June 13, 2016.
Maj. Gen. Flemming Mathiasen, Danish Division Commander and Commanding General for Saber Knight 16, discusses the need for training with NATO allies and his experiences working with the Pennsylvania National Guard.
Though far from home, Denmark's 1st Brigade took time to remember Danish Constitution Day, which commemorates the anniversary of the signing of the Danish Constitution of 1849 establishing Denmark as a constitutional monarchy.
SUWALKI, Poland-- On a sunny Saturday afternoon, U.S. Strykers rumbled down the cobble stone streets of Suwalki, Poland, June 4 and were greeted by a gathering crowd of Polish citizens.
MIHAIL KOGALNICEANU, Romania -- United States Army soldiers with 10th Engineer Battalion, 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, home station Fort Stewart, Georgia, active duty, complete a construction project for Operation Resolute Castle 16 under the command of the 194th Engineer Brigade, Tennessee Army National Guard at Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base, Romania.
VILNIUS, Lithuania -- NATO troops deployed to Lithuania in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve visited the Seimas Palace, June 3, 2016, where they met with former members of the parliament and toured Lithuania's parliament halls and the Barricades Memorial, a symbol of the country's fight for independence.
Equipment belonging to the U.S. Marines sits on the top deck of a British roll on roll off ship at the Port of Riga, Latvia, June 4.
DRESDEN, Germany -- Two of Army Europe's senior leaders met up with American Soldiers participating in Operation Dragoon Ride at a military museum, here, June 1.
Video: Get There, Do Something, Show the World: 2nd Cavalry Regiment Joint Static Display June 1, 2016
VYSKOV MILITARY ACADEMY, Czech Republic- Czech citizens flooded the main square of Vyskov Military Academy, May 29, eager to meet Soldiers and get a closer look at the military vehicles at the joint static display.
Soldier of 2nd Cavalry Regiment talks with Czech WWII re-enactors during a joint static display held in Vyskov Military Academy, Czech Republic, May 29
29 MAY 2016, Vyskov, CZ - Two Czech boys were eager to try on the Dragoon troops' body armor while enjoying 2d Cavalry Regiment's static display at the Vyskov Military Academy.
Private 1st Class Edward Fields, native of Irving, TX and combat engineer for 2nd Cavalry Regiment, observes the screens monitoring his fellow Soldiers with a Czech soldier and military vehicle instructor, as they train on the Czech army’s Infantry Fighting Vehicle simulators, in Vyskov Military Academy, Czech Republic, May 29.
HOLSTEBRO, Denmark - NATO allies from seven different countries competed in Denmark's Nordic Tank Challenge May 23-27 at Holstebro, Denmark.
Command Sgt. Maj. Jelani Edwards (left), native of Aberdeen, Maryland and command sergeant major of 27th Field Artillery Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, gives guidance to his Soldiers in preparation for the arrival of the Czech Republic prime minister, on Vyskov, Czech Republic, May 28.
VILSECK, Germany -- Troopers assigned to 2nd Cavalry Regiment load their last bags, check their communications, take accountability of equipment and conduct their last preventive maintenance check on their vehicles before they roll out for Dragoon Ride II May 27, 2016.
BAUMHOLDER, Germany - The 4th Infantry Division Mission Command Element's fires section hosted an artillery delegation May 10-12 from the Denmark Army Staff and Army Combat and Fire Support Centre to discuss possible combined interoperability training opportunities.
VILNIUS, Lithuania -- Allied Forces from the U.S., Germany, Luxembourg and Lithuania participated in Armed Forces and Public Unity Day May 14, 2016 in Vilnius, Lithuania near the famed White Bridge.
CHISINAU, Moldova - Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges, commanding general, U.S. Army Europe and Moldovan Brig. Gen. Igor Cutie, acting head of the General Staff, National Army Commander, observed culminating events of exercise Dragoon Pioneer May 15, 2016 during a distinguished visitor and media day.
GAIZIUNAI TRAINING AREA, Lithuania - Soldiers from Ghost Troop, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment and members of the Lithuanian Duke Vaidotas Mechanized Infantry Battalion trained each other on their respective weapons systems May 6, 2016, at Gaiziunai Training Area, Lithuania.
CODRU TRAINING AREA, Moldova -- U.S. Soldiers from Regiment Engineer Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment (RES, 2CR), stationed out of Grafenwoehr, Germany, and the Soldiers of the Republic of Moldova came together for the opening ceremony of Dragoon Pioneer at Codru Training Area, Moldova, May 5, 2016.
Operation Atlantic Resolve is a demonstration of continued U.S. commitment to collective security through a series of actions designed to reassure NATO allies and partners of America's dedication to enduring peace and stability in the region in light of the Russian intervention in Ukraine.
KRASLAVA, LATVIA- On this crisp May morning, Latvian pride is abundant from those in the crowd and participating in the Restoration of Independence Day Celebration on May 4, 2016.
VORU, Estonia -- Over the hills and through the streets to assault the town they go! Estonia Soldiers from the 2nd Infantry Brigade, Kuperjanov Battalion, and U.S. Soldiers from Eagle Troop, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, worked together as they assaulted an enemy force during an urban operations training exercise in Voru, Estonia, April 30, 2016.
PORT OF VARNA, Bulgaria -- Rail and port workers at the Port of Varna, Bulgaria recently demonstrated the ability to allow freedom of movement between NATO countries during a port operation April 30 -- May 1, 2016.
BAUMHOLDER, Germany -- The 4th Infantry Division Mission Command Element hosted a rehearsal of concept drill to provide military intelligence practitioners within U.S. Army Europe an opportunity to collaborate and synchronize collection efforts in support of three major upcoming multinational exercises in eastern Europe.
PAPA AIR BASE, Hungary -- Retired Vice Admiral Michael LeFever and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates David Litt are mentoring and assisting participants in understanding the roles that military and civilian components play in the exercise.
KLAIPEDA, Lithuania - Members of Task Force Stilwell, 627th Movement Control Team, 39th Transportation Battalion, 16th Sustainment Brigade recently oversaw the shipment of more than 40 pieces of equipment belonging to the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment April 25-27 at the Port of Klaipeda, Lithuania.
TAPA MILITARY BASE, Estonia - U.S. Ambassador to Estonia, James D. Melville Jr., visited Tapa Military Base to help celebrate the 99th Anniversary of Estonian Army's 1st Infantry Brigade, April 25, 2016.
The U.S. Training Support Team in Estonia, Brett Ritzmann (right) and Benjamin House (left), make themselves available to answer questions during an open house at Tapa Military Base, Estonia, April 25, 2016.
RIGA, LATVIA -- The focus for many soldiers in Europe supporting Operation Atlantic Resolve leans heavily on military interoperability training with North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies.
ADAZI MILITARY BASE, LATVIA - Five national flags blew in the breeze on a characteristic Latvian spring morning as soldiers representing their North Atlantic Treaty Organization nations assembled below.
KUUSALU, Estonia - The U.S. Ambassador for Estonia, James D. Melville Jr., joins Estonian civilians and U.S. Soldiers from Eagle Troop, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, for a tree planting ceremony in Kuusalu, Estonia April 22, 2016.
NOVO SELO, Bulgaria - A Russian inspection team visited Bulgaria's Novo Selo Training Area April 20 to conduct an inspection under the Vienna Document 2011 Confidence and Security-Building Measures.
GAIZIUNAI, Lithuania - Soldiers from Ghost Troop, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment received more than 70 pieces of equipment, to include Stryker Combat Vehicles April 22, 2016 at Gaiziunai, Lithuania, during a rail operation.
Latvian Medcoy soldiers and a pilot move a victim on a stretcher from the Mil Mi-2 helicopter on April 18 at Adazi Military Base, Latvia.
A Lithuanian soldier prepares to fire his weapon during a sniper range as part of Summer Shield XIII, at Adazi Military Base, Latvia, April 18.
Soldiers from five of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization nations participating in Summer Shield XIII to raise their country’s flag during the opening ceremony of Summer Shield XIII, April 17, in Adazi Military Base, Latvia.
NEMENCINE, Lithuania - The Lithuanian Land Forces Command conducted its first command post exercise with U.S. and Danish elements at the Warfare Training Center here April 6-7.
Images: US, Estonia conduct combined react to IED, tactical casualty care and breaching exercise in Estonia
Iron Troop Soldiers of 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, dismount an M1126 Infantry Carrier Vehicle and wait for the platoon leader's signal to run to the woods for cover during a breach the objective portion of a squadron level field training exercise at Tapa Training Area, Estonia, April 6, 2016.
ADAZI MILITARY BASE, LATVIA -- With the shadow of the upcoming two week long Summer Shield training event hanging overhead, soldiers supporting Operation Atlantic Resolve in Latvia stepped up the intensity level of their interoperability training.
DAUGAVPILS, LATVIA -- A feeling of awe struck me a few times over the course of my Saturday as I watched the spirit of humanity unfold before my eyes.
My perspective shifted as far from the begrudging before sunrise wake up as it possibly could.
ADAZI MILITARY BASE, Latvia (April 4, 2016) -- Strengthening bonds while demonstrating continued U.S. commitment to the collective security of North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies through interoperability training has been a main goal and purpose of Operation Atlantic Resolve since the mission began.
VORU, Estonia -- Two dozen U.S. and Estonian noncommissioned officers with over 200 years of military experience gathered together for the first combined Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development (NCOPD) course at the Staff Sgt. And Sgt. 1st Class level at the NCO Academy in Voru, Estonia, Mar. 16-18, 2016.
TAPA TRAINING AREA, Estonia - U.S. Army Iron Troop Soldiers of 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, were afforded the opportunity to test their readiness when they were activated as part of a nationwide, Estonian mobilization exercise at Tapa Training Area in Estonia, March 17, 2016.
Estonian Army pioneers of 1st Battalion, 2nd Brigade and U.S. Iron Troop engineers of 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, take a short break and discuss their next course of action during a bridge building exercise at Tapa Training Area, Estonia, Mar. 23, 2016.
First Lt. Geoffrey Hamilton (front), the executive officer in charge of Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, briefs the French Delegation for the Institute of Higher National Defence Studies on his unit’s recent training in Europe during their visit to Adazi Military Base, Latvia, March 24.
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Karl Lorenz (left), a unit maintenance technician assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, reviews proper protective equipment, requirements and safe operating procedure of self-recovery winches used for Stryker Armored Fighting Vehicles during a safety stand down, March 24, at Adazi Military Base, Latvia.
Pvt. Anthony Williams, an infantryman, assigned to 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, speaks to Lt. Gen. Frederick “Ben” Hodges, commanding general, U.S. Army Europe, during a town hall in Rukla, Lithuania, March 24, 2016. Gen. Hodges spoke with the deployed soldiers about the purpose of Atlantic Resolve and how there is vital.
ADAZI MILITARY BASE, Latvia -- While many college students across the United States are enjoying traditional spring break festivities, a handful of students from two universities used their spring break to take a trip across the world for a unique learning experience.
GAIZIUNAI TRAINING AREA, Lithuania -- Soldiers from the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment and Lithuanian Duke Vaidotas Mechanized Infantry Battalion combined for an airfield assault during training March 10, 2016 at Gaiziunai Training Area, Lithuania.
ADAZI MILITARY BASE, Latvia (March 14, 2016) -- For more than a year, Soldiers across the Army have rotated in and out of Europe conducting interoperability training in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve, a multinational demonstration of continued U.S. commitment to the collective security of North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies.
Estonian Army public affairs Soldiers interview Sgt. Samuel Negron, an Iron Troop infantryman with 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, originally from Fayetteville, Ga., after an iteration of a live fire exercise at Tapa Training Area in Estonia.
Spc. Kelly A. Williams, an Iron Troop 60mm mortar crew team leader with 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, originally from Portland, Ore., teaches an Estonian Soldier how to correctly aim and fire a 60mm mortar round during a live fire exercise at Tapa Training Area in Estonia.
Pfc. Rene Anguiano, an Iron Troop infantryman with 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, originally from Dallas, acquires his target with a Command Launch Unit (C.L.U.) for an FGM-148 javelin during a live fire exercise at Tapa Training Area in Estonia.
Sgt. Henry Oforidankwah, an infantry vehicle commander with 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, originally from Woodbridge, Va., fires an FGM-148 Javelin during a live fire exercise at Tapa Training Area in Estonia.
A soldier with the Ukrainian army inserts a magazine into a Kalashnikov modernized automatic rifle or AKM March 10, 2016, during basic rifle marksmanship training at the International Peacekeeping and Security Center near Yavoriv, Ukraine as part of Joint Multinational Training Group-Ukraine.
TAPA TRAINING AREA, Estonia -- U.S. Army Iron Troop Soldiers of 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stationed out of Vilseck, Germany, took training to new heights during Exercise Winter Camp at Tapa Training Area in Estonia, Feb. 16, 2016.
Soldiers from K Troop, 3/2 CAV have traveled from Drawsko Pomorski, Poland to Nowa Deba in search of more training and they were not let down. The unit has been in Poland since January in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve and have been doing great work all across the country.
BAUMHOLDER, Germany -- The quick thinking of two U.S. Soldiers may have saved the lives of three Romanians involved in a vehicle rollover March 3.
DRAWSKO POMORSKIE TRAINING AREA, Poland -- U.S. and Canadian soldiers joined together with the soldiers and citizens of Drawsko Pomorskie to pay tribute to the liberation of Drawsko on its 71st anniversary.
NOWA DEBA TRAINING AREA, Poland -- Through rain, snow, sand and mud Soldiers of K Troop, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment have been training hard alongside Polish soldiers.
Soldiers of 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment fire during a joint fires training exercise on Nowa Deba training area, March 2, with Polish soldiers.
BAUMHOLDER, Germany -- U.S. Army troops from 2nd Cavalry Regiment were warmly greeted by as many as 4,000 residents in Lodz, Poland, waving American flags during a procession that also included Polish forces.
JUGLA, Latvia -- The sounds of thundering footsteps and cheering in two languages could be heard in the hall outside a domed indoor basketball stadium in Jugla, Latvia, Feb. 26.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Members of 4th Infantry Division Mission Command Element visited Romanian NATO Force Integration Unit headquarters Feb.
BUCHAREST, Romania -- Members of 4th Infantry Division Mission Command Element participated in a Multi-National Division-South East Command staff exercise Feb. 11-12 at the MND-SE headquarters here.
NORDENHAM, Germany--In the largest single Europe-bound U.S. shipment of ammunition in 10 years, the 21st Theater Sustainment Command, with enterprise partner the 598th Transportation Brigade, transported over 5,000 tons of ammunition from the port of Nordenham to the Theater Logistics Support Center Europe's ammunition depot in Miesau Feb. 17-18.
KADAGA, Latvia - From thousands of feet in the air to the ground in seconds - no, these are not paratroopers. Instead, these are Latvian and U.S. Air Force service members conducting a training simulation providing close air support.
Children explore out a mortar during a L Troop, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment community engagement event Feb. 19, 2016, at Paupliai, Lithuania. During the event, citizens got the opportunity to meet L Troop Soldiers while receiving an up-close look at U.S. Army equipment.
The guidon of Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, stands tall in a sea of Latvian and American uniforms during an international 3-km, Feb. 18, at Adazi Military Base, Latvia.
Pfc. Brady Barrett (right), an indirect fire infantryman assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, turns away from an M252 mortar system after hanging an 81mm mortar round during a multinational mortar live-fire exercise alongside Latvian partners.
NORDENHAM, Germany--In the largest single Europe-bound U.S. shipment of ammunition in 10 years, the 21st Theater Sustainment Command.
MARIJAMPOLE, Lithuania -- Soldiers, assigned to C Battery, Field Artillery Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, conducted a refuel on the move during Dragoon Shock, Feb. 15.
Soldiers of C Battery, Field Artillery Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, fire M777A2 Howitzers, Feb. 10, in Torun, Poland, as part of a joint live-fire exercise during exercise Dragoon Shock.
PABRADE TRAINING AREA, Lithuania - Soldiers of L Troop, 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment conducted a team live-fire training exercise February 1-5. The live-fire exercise certified the fire teams of L Troop on their proficiency as infantrymen.
Pfc. Christopher Rios (left), and Pvt. Jarvis Williams, both cannon crew members assigned to C Battery, Field Artillery Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment make adjustments while emplacing an M777 A2 towed Howitzer before life fire gunnery qualification tables, Feb. 9, in Torun, Poland.
TORUN, Poland - Troopers assigned to Field Artillery Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, participated in a military vehicle and equipment static display alongside their Polish Soldier counter parts on Feb. 6, 2016 within the Old Town area of Torun, Poland.
TURON, Poland (Feb. 8, 2016) -- A mother and child out for a morning walk turned to face the direction of sirens howling through the city center here, Feb. 6.
RUKLA, Lithuania (Jan. 29, 2016) -- Soldiers, from the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, and the Lithuanian Mechanized Infantry Brigade "Iron Wolf" conducted a military-to-military interaction to discuss their respective nations' tactical operations centers, or TOC, capabilities, processes, and procedures, Jan. 26.
KONOTOP, POLAND -- When the snow in Konotop, Poland melts, what is left in its place can be best described as mud soup.
RUKLA, Lithuania - Soldiers from the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment and Lithuanian Duke Vaidotas Mechanized Infantry Battalion braved cold, wet conditions to complete team leader training Jan. 25-28 at Rukla, Lithuania.
GAIZIUNAI, Lithuania (Jan. 20, 2016) -- Soldiers, assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, received more than 50 vehicles, to include 17 Stryker combat vehicles during a rail offload operation at Gaiziunai, Lithuania, Jan. 15.
Soldiers with the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment receive equipment to begin working and training with their allies in Latvia. Produced by Staff Sgt. Renee Wilson. Includes soundbites from Capt. Andrew Sullivan, company commander, HHT 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment.
Operation Atlantic Resolve is a demonstration of continued U.S. commitment to the collective security of NATO and to enduring peace and stability in the region, in light of Russia's illegal actions in Ukraine.
DRAWSKO POMORSKIE, POLAND - One American soldier and one Polish soldier stood bearing their country's respective colors before a vast formation of the two allied nations, symbolizing the partnership strengthened by Operation Atlantic Resolve.
Sgt. Maj. Dainius Snarskis, the senior enlisted adviser for the Lithuanian Armed Forces, breaks down Lithuanian command structure during his visit to the General Stasys Rastikis Lithuanian Armed Forces School on Jan. 22, 2016.
Soldiers with the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment conduct M240 machine gun range in Adazi training area, Latvia. Produced by Staff Sgt. Renee Wilson. Includes soundbites from Sg t. 1st Class William Hess, engineer platoon sergeant, HHT 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment.
SKWIERZYNA, Poland - Polish and American soldiers jovially marched on icy paths through snowy woods while exchanging patches and discussing job similarities during the week of Jan. 13-17, in Skwierzyna, Poland.
ROSE BARRACKS, Germany -- As another year begins, so too does a wave of new rotations for the 2nd Cavalry Regiment in Europe. For the Dragoons, it will be another chance to help demonstrate the United States' resolve and dedication to its NATO Allies.
Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader...they set out to make a difference. A leader amongst the men of 3D Squadron, 2D Cavalry Regiment has made that difference and impacted his soldiers along the way. Staff Sergeant Antonio Vincent steps in with a listening ear to tell us more.
KONOTOP, Poland - Snow and fog were no obstacle for soldiers returning to Poland from Vilseck, Germany, as they conducted railhead operations for a second training rotation in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve, Jan. 11.
Operation Atlantic Resolve is a demonstration of continued U.S. commitment to the collective security of NATO and to enduring peace and stability in the region, in light of Russia's illegal actions in Ukraine.
BAUMHOLDER, Germany - The 4th Infantry Division's Mission Command Element (MCE) hosted a relocation awards ceremony to award 16 civilian and service members certificate of achievement at the MCE headquarters in Baumholder, Germany, Dec. 22, 2015.
Nemencine, LITHUANIA - The Lithuanian Land Forces conducted a brigade level map and tactical decision exercise called "Thunder Strike" with members of the U.S. and Danish forces at the Warfare Training Centre in Nemencine, Lithuania, Dec. 16-17, 2015.
Atlantic Resolve 2015
- Video: European Activity Set Continues to Improve Unit Capabilities
- European Activity Set turn-in officially underway in Lithuania
- 624th MCT oversees shipment of EAS equipment
- 5-7 CAV Soldiers see 'Dracula's' Castle and the Romanian Royal Residence
- 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment Soldiers conduct battle drills
- European Activity Set equipment in Romania prepares for movement
- U.S. Steel on Estonian Soil: Paladins Fire for the First Time in Estonia
- Lithuanian Parliament member serves in unique way
- Polish partners host Thanksgiving for Soldiers, USAEUR commander
- Images: Polish partners host Thanksgiving for Soldiers, USAEUR commander
- 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment tanks validate bridges and dam in Romania
- Images: 5-7 CAV tanks validate bridges and dam in Romania
- Images: Strategy in the snow
- US, Bulgaria begin Peace Sentinel
- 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment Soldiers visit Dracula's Castle
- Exercise Iron Sword 2015 comes to an end
- The Eyes and Ears of Every Unit
- Video: Pounding the Ground at Novo Selo
- Video: Planting Trees for a Better Romania
- Exercise Iron Sword ends in Lithuania
- Video: Familiarizing for a Strong Europe
- Images: 5-7 CAV conducts weapon qualification in Romania
- Sky Soldiers conduct historic airborne operation during exercise Iron Sword 15
- 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Motar Team Training in Bulgaria
- Apache Troop Stays Sharp at Novo Selo Range
- Marines Enhance Soldiers' Combative Knowledge
- Speed and Power
- NATO forces come together for Remembrance Day
- Estonian River Crossing in Tapa
- 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment participates in Justice Sword with Romanians
- 'L' is for Loyalty
- Iron Sword kicks off in Lithuania
- Operation Atlantic Resolve leaders visit Soldiers in Poland
- 3rd Bn., 69th Armor Regt. participates in staff delegation visit in Latvia
- 'Peaceful Home': US Soldiers participate in Estonian security exercise
- 10th BEB trains with Lithuanian Land Forces
- 3-69 AR Successfully Launches into Atlantic Resolve
- New 4ID Mission Command Element gets network infrastructure upgrades
- Equipment Arrives in Latvia by Train
- 3-69 Equipment Arrives in Lithuania
- Sky Soldiers welcome Army's Chief of Staff to Fearless Guardian
- Video: U.S. Army Chief of Staff visits Fearless Guardian
- Images: Crossing the Mures River
- Images: Withdrawals with torchlight
- Video: Dragoon Crossing Romania 2015
- Video: Dragoon Crossing Opening Ceremony
- Strengthening the alliance
- Video: Romanian Armed Forces Day
- Video: Bayonet Thrust in Tata Hungary
- Bayonet Thrust: Communications, maintenance readiness put to the test
- Bayonet Thrust: Allied assurance in action
- Video: John Law, Deputy Chief of Mission, U.S. Embassy, Warsaw, Poland
- Sky Soldiers, Hungarian Defense Forces demonstrate alliance through community event
- Video: Assuring our Allies
- Video: Bayonet Thrust Day 4
- Operation Bayonet Thrust: Strength through partnership
- Video: From Lithuania to Poland
- Sky Soldiers continue persistent presence through Poland
- Video: Bayonet Thrust Day 2
- Combat teddy bear takes on Bayonet Thrust
- Static displays and solidarity: Romanian, US Soldiers participate in joint event
- Video: Seeing the World Country by Country as a CAV Scout
- Video: From Lithuania to Poland
- Video: Reaching Out Bayonet Thrust
- Images: Tanks arrive in Lithuania
- US, Romanian Soldiers stand shoulder to shoulder
- Freedom of movement: 4th Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment crosses Hungarian, Romanian border
- Images: Bayonet Thrust
- Lithuania-based Sky Soldiers convoy home
- Video: Vilnius Community Engagement
- US, Romanian Soldiers bridge the gap
- Images: Sky Soldiers strengthen bonds with local community
- Images: Sky Soldiers strengthen bonds with Ukrainian school children
- Tanks, Bradleys back in the Baltics
- Operation Bayonet Thrust brings Sky Soldiers home
- Video: Bayonet Thrust Day 1
- US, Hungarian Soldiers strengthen relationship through training
- Video: Training Leaders
- Video: Bunk Busters
- Images: Retrograde of 173rd Airborne Brigade
- US Army, Lithuanian Land Forces partner for training
- US, Lithuanian engineers compete for 'Best Sapper' title
- Slovenian tanks join the fleet at the Joint Multinational Readiness Center
- 4ID MCE meets with Latvian and Estonian Armed Forces
- US, NATO partners participate in Latvian-led Silver Arrow exercise
- 2CR Troopers show there is more to victory than just winning a football game
- Baltic Push: 'Sky Soldiers' and Lithuanians help strengthen alliance through logistics
- Images: Dog Company takes part in Exercise King Strike
- Bridging The Gap
- Images: Army Ten-Miler Shadow Run held on Latvian Airfield
- Video: Army Ten-Mile Shadow Run in Latvia B-Roll
- Image: US, Hungarian paratroopers conduct combined emergency deployment exercise
- NATO allies unite during Operation Slovak Shield
- Video: Combined Weapons Range in Slovak Republic
- Video: Combined Soccer Match in Slovak Republic
- Video: Slovak Allies Refuel US Strykers
- Soldiers unite to experience shared values across globe
- US, Slovak service members conduct resupply drop
- Trading weapons: Understanding one another's capabilities
- Slovak Rep. welcomes US Stryker Soldiers during Exercise Dragoon Crossing
- U.S. Soldiers observe ally holiday during Exercise Dragoon Crossing
- Fueled to work together for a united front
- Stryker Regiment begins Exercise Dragoon Crossing
- A special name: Commemorating the past
- Video: Slovak Welcomes 2CR
- 'Sky Soldiers' lead outreach project at Bulgarian school
- Bring the noise: Engineer Thunder wraps up in Lithuania
- Images: Estonian Scouts complete Combat Life Saver course
- An unusual English lesson
- Video: Operation Atlantic Resolve: School Visit, Poland
- US, Poland conduct section live-fire exercise
- Images: Heavy equipment drop in Estonia
- Images: Fire mission
- Images: Breaking down barriers: US and Lithuanian forces trade knowledge
- US Soldiers train with Polish service members
- Images: Firing from a speedboat
- Video: Water Range, Poland Story
- Images: Two Days With Carl: Dog Company takes on Best Squad Competition in Lithuania
- Images: Take that hill
- Igniting the Spark for a Stronger Alliance
- Images: ‘Destined’ Soldiers help celebrate Estonia’s freedom
- Images: Estonian Restoration of Independence Festival
- Images: Norwegian, US engineers unite, build partnerships
- Images: Overcoming obstacles together
- Video: Norwegian Engineers Help U.S. Construction to Enhance Estonian Capabilities
- Images: Command Sgt. Maj. Lyon visits Estonia
- Video: U.S. and Estonian Soldiers Perform Joint Helicopter Jump
- Video: Allied Weapons Range, Poland
- Trading weapons: Building stronger alliances
- Images: Celebrating allies: US Army invited to Polish Armed Forces Day
- Images: Polish Armed Forces Day Parade
- Images: Service members take leap toward a stronger alliance
- Images: Estonian, US forces conduct airborne operations
- Images: Airborne jump preparation in Estonia
- Images: Polish Armed Forces Day 2015
- Video: Maj. Gen. Bill Gayler, Polish Armed Forces Day Parade
- Video: Uhlan Fury Demonstrates a Strong Europe
- Video: Suzanna Augustyn, Sandomierz Community Event
- Video: SPC Evan Bush, Sandomierz Community Event
- Images: Uhlan Fury: Bilateral exercise continues in Lithuania
- Images: Destined Soldiers conduct Humvee terrain manuever training
- Images: Load up, tie down
- Images: Brig. Gen. DeBlieck visit to Estonia
- US Black Hawks elevate training during Atlantic Resolve
- Exercise Uhlan Fury hits stride in Lithuania
- US Soldiers meet with Sandomierz residents
- US Soldiers play Latvian National Baseball Team in esprit de corps game
- US Black Hawks elevate training during Atlantic Resolve
- Taking a water break
- Bilateral wire guided missile training conducted in Lithuania
- US troops meet and greet local residents in southern Poland
- NATO allies unite for Pitka Challenge 2015
- NATO, Operation Atlantic Resolve: The art of assurance and deterrence
- US, Polish Soldiers take to water for training
- Video: Mortar Live Fire B-Roll
- NATO officer visits US Soldiers in Poland
- Video: Distinguished Visitors Visit Romania
- Lessons from the past: Visiting one of the largest mass-murder sites in history
- Video: Deployed Digital Training Campus
- US, Polish Soldiers send rounds down range in team live fire exercise
- 'Sky Soldiers' conduct training at former Russian facility in Latvia
- US, Romania showcase engineering capabilities during Resolute Castle event
- Estonian, US forces receive new jump wings
- A Stryker crew's journey to 'top gun'
- Video: "The Hunt"
- US and Polish paratroopers join forces for airborne jump
- Video: Joint Airborne Operation, Poland
- US, Estonian soldiers conduct Exercise Saaremaa Island
- Video: Joint Air Assault, Poland Clip
- US, Polish forces participate in joint air assault exercise
- Video: Sky Soldiers Give Back
- US Soldiers pay-it-forward, help renovate Latvian orphanage
- Allies light up the night
- Allied soldiers build on the fundamentals
- Video: Joint Weapons Range in Poland
- Images: ‘Destined’ Soldiers conduct fire team exercise
- Images: Care under fire
- Images: Maj. Gen. Gamble visits Tapa Army Base
- Images: Dog Company trains for medevac in Lithuania
- Images: Live fire exercise in Estonia hones soldiering skills
- Images: ‘Destined’ Soldiers welcome EDF Soldier during training
- US Army tanks shoot in Bulgaria
- Army paratroopers take beach during exercise
- Working Together to Contribute to the Greater Good for the Bulgarian People
- Video: Romania Hooah
- Unexpected opportunities found a world away
- Learning and growing together, one level at a time
- Video: U.S. Soldiers with Task Force Estonia Bring Out the Big Guns for Live-Fire Exercise
- U.S., Latvian military conduct airborne training in conjunction with Europe-wide exercise
- Strengthening capabilities through interaction and communication during Kabile 15
- Video: Kabile 15' Opening Ceremony
- Images: Tankers conduct gunnery in Estonia
- Video: Bulgarian Music Festival
- Images: Bulgarian Weapons Familiarization
- Video: Joint Operations MASCAL Exercise
- Team Estonia participates in Narva Soapbox Derby
- Sarmis 15 concludes with a bang, yet bonds strengthened will endure
- Exercise Puma 15 marks first for U.S., Polish, French armies
- Keeping the mission going: A supply guy's perspective
- A career in combat medicine
- Going back to school: Soldiers celebrate Children's Day
- Sarmis 15 mass casualty exercise builds cohesion, allows learning opportunities
- Images: Sarmis 15 mass casualty exercise
- Video: Joint CASEVAC Training
- Video: Strong Europe
- Working together to save lives
- Images: CASEVAC exercise
- Images: Team Eagle conducts combined arms live-fire exercise
- Images: Team Eagle runs for the glory
- Estonian Defense Force Soldier fires US weapon
- Video: Strong Europe Demonstration
- U.S. Army plans exercise with Romanian Land Force
- Video: The Race of Champions
- Cavalry March concludes with a warm welcome from Romanians in Brasov
- Video: SARMIS 15' Opening Ceremony
- Images: Sarmis 15 Opening Ceremony
- US and Romanian armies marching together to demonstrate commitment for a better future
- Video: Operation Cavalry Marc - Sinaia, Romania
- A warm welcome for a time-honored friend
- Honoring selfless service and dedication
- Images: Sinaia WWII Memorial Ceremony
- Video: Brig. Gen. Mike Tarsa Sinaia Cemetary
- 2d Cavalry Regiment preps for Cavalry March across Romania
- Sky Soldiers begin Operation Siil, deploy 'The Raven'
- US Soldiers give Latvian students a crash course in Army, American culture
- 2nd Squadron, 2d Cavalry Regiment continues to improve on their Bulgarian partnership with a local kindergarten in Mokren
- Video: American tanks train in Latvia
- Images: American tanks demonstrate capability
- Target in sight, firing
- US troops demonstrate UAV's capabilities in Estonia
- Estonia president visits Soldiers during Operation Siil
- US Soldiers welcomed at first ever visit to Lithuanian Parliament
- Estonian Defense Forces make history
- Images: Media engagement: Tank shoot
- Video: Soldier Fires AT-4
- Video: Soldiers Breach Wire
- Video: U.S. Embassy Families Visit Troops on Tapa Military Base
- Images: Team Eagle conducts platoon movement drills
- U.S. tanks shoot for the first time in Estonia during live-fire demonstration
- Operation Atlantic Resolve: a year in review
- Celebrating a strong alliance through an interchanging of knowledge, assets
- Anvil Troop helps Estonian Defense Force train
- Eyes of the Army: Forward observers train with allies
- Images: Estonian and American Forces engage in Operation Tornado
- NATO allies make splash during Flaming Thunder
- Video: Exercise Wind Spring 15 in Romania
- Images: Polish sniper
- For tank crews, focus on basics is key to success
- Images: Flaming Thunder makes big impact
- Video: Romanian Unified Land Forces Anniversary
- Images: Exercise Wind Spring Distinguished Visitor's Day
- Video: Soldiers Partner With Latvian Football
- US Army fires tanks in Lithuania for first time
- U.S. Army aviators support Latvian special ops training
- Leaders from 2nd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment and Romanian Land Forces talk cooperation
- Dragoon Ride: 2d Cav. Regt. returns home to Germany
- 2nd Sqdn, 2nd CR joins Operation Atlantic Resolve-South in Romania
- Army Europe expands Operation Atlantic Resolve training to Romania, Bulgaria
- 2nd Cavalry Regiment begins major convoy for Operation Atlantic Resolve
- U.S. Dragoons leaving Poland with stronger alliance
- Video: From the First Inception of the Stryker
- Operation Atlantic Resolve promotes learning between U.S., Estonia
- Video: Operation Atlantic Resolve-2d CR Combined Training Exercise
- Joint live-fire exercise kicks off in Poland
- Operation Atlantic Resolve brings Americans, Estonians closer
- Polish, US forces prepare for live-fire exercise
- Medics always ready to back-up Troopers
- US, Polish forces hone interoperability skills
- Video: 2d CR, Polish Land Forces conduct situational exercises in Poland
- Video: OAR Update-2CR in Deep Freeze
- Photos: Ice Plunge (in Latvian)
- Video: OAR Update-Estonian Independence Day
- 2nd Cavalry Regiment represents the US Army in the Estonian Independence Day parade
- Video: Dragoon Glitch-Latvian Brigade Run
- Video: OAR Update-A Dragoon Valentine
- Video: Dragoon Glitch-Engineer's Sports Day in Latvia
- Video: OAR Update-Student Shadow Day
- Video: Dragoon Glitch-It's all about the BOOM
- Video: Dragoon Glitch-Latvian Student Shadow Day
- Video: OAR Update-A Latvian, a Dragoon, and a Javelin
- Photos: 4th Infantry Division at Grafenwoehr
- Photos: Squad Lanes in Latvia
- Video: Dragoon Glitch - Lithuanian Basketball
- Video: OAR Update - Surviving the Extreme
- Video: OAR Update - Dragoons Got You Covered!
- Video: Lithuanian Culture Day Trip
- Video: Dragoon Glitch - Wolfpack preps for the Cold
- Meeting the Soldiers of 2nd Cavalry Regiment
- Latvia welcomes the Dragoons for Atlantic Resolve
- Video: OAR Update-Wolfpack Ready to Roll
- U.S. Troops Resuming Atlantic Resolve Training in Eastern Europe
- Video: Dragoon Glitch: Boots on the ground in Latvia
- Cavalry Soldiers wrap up successful Atlantic Resolve rotation
- Photos: 2d Cavalry Regiment Stryker Loading
- Operation Atlantic Resolve: A Case Study in Effective Communication Strategy
Atlantic Resolve 2014
- Video: Latvia Celebrates 96 Years of Independence with NATO Allies
- Video: Troops Fire Mortars
- Video: Atlantic Resolve in Latvia, Task Force Viking Digs In
- NATO alliances conduct live fire
- Video: NATO Fires Weapons
- 173rd Airborne continues allied training missions in Romania
- Stayin' Alive: US, Estonian medics practice lifesaving techniques
- Video: Medical Skills Staying Alive with Refresher Training
- Video: Iron Sword 2014 Ends
- Lithuanian training provides unique opportunity to bolster US-NATO alliance
- Video: Poland Celebrates Independence
- Video: Trainers Support Soldiers
- Estonian Prime Minister visits Tapa
- Kids, soldiers smile in Garkalne Community relations with NATO allies
- Polish and American Soldiers celebrate their nations' holidays
- Polish news show reassures NATO alliance by interviewing 12th CAB Soldiers
- Video: Making History
- Video: 1st Cavalry in Latvia Train Latvian Engineers
- US, NATO Soldiers enjoy chance to meet Lithuanian residents, show off hardware
- US, Estonian troops help town celebrate Father’s Day
- A tale of two lieutenants, engineers from two armies train as they fight- together
- It’s like show-and-tell, but with really big guns
- Video: Master Breachers Course
- Video: Maj. Gen. Bills Visits Troops in Poland
- Polish and US Soldiers team up for flight operation
- Video: 2/8 Cav. Fire First Tank Rounds in Poland
- Video: US Soldiers Train at Polish Airfield
- Video: Attack Tab Competition
- Video: 1st Squadron (Stryker) 2nd Cavalry Regiment Trains with NATO Partners in Estonia
- Competition brings community to Soldiers at Latvian base
- Video: Break from Training
- NATO-led exercise to bring multinational forces together
- Video: 1st CAV. and Lithuanian Soldiers Take on Training Exercise Lanes
- Lithuanian and US anti-tank Soldiers showoff capabilities
- Bradleys, Strykers arrival in Rukla for Atlantic Resolve
- Video: Major General Riho Terras Talks About Operation Atlantic Resolve
- Video: Estonian Minister of Defence welcomes 1st Cav Division
- Photos: Estonia Welcome Ceremony
- Photos: Welcome Ceremony in Estonia
- Estonian: USA soomusüksus alustas Eestis teenistust
- Photos: Military vehicles arrive in Latvia
- Latvian and US engineers construct a rappel tower
- 173rd Airborne Brigade 'shows off' equipment to the Latvian Land Force Infantry Brigade
- Chief of Defense of Latvia meets with 173rd paratroopers
- 173rd Airborne assists in Latvian training
- Army sergeant, US immigrant helps build goodwill in Poland
- 173rd Airborne and Lithuanian Iron Wolves live-fire artillery over the Baltic Sea
- 1st Cavalry arrives in Poland
- Video: Capt. Erich Murray: Baltic Sea Artillery Live Fire Exercise
- Video: Baltic Sea Artillery Live Fire Exercise B-roll
- Video: Baltic Sea Artillery Live Fire Exercise - Sgt. Joseph Street
- Video: Baltic Sea Artillery Live Fire Exercise - Capt. Vadimas Jeriominas
- Sky Soldiers and Iron Wolves train together on M320 range
- 173rd Airborne Brigade supports Estonian zoo
- Planes, Trains and Ferries: 1/1 CAV equipment arrives in Europe
- Joint training with the Carl Gustav and AT4
- Video: Polish Town Bids Warm Goodbye to US Airborne Unit
- Video: 173rd Airborne Brigade Conducts Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise in Latvia
- 173rd receives fond farewell after training with Polish military
- US and Polish Armed Forces "Wing Exchange" Ceremony
- Invisible Logistics: 21st TSC makes OAR support transparent
- Soldiers conduct combined live fires in Latvia
- US paratroopers, Polish hosts remember 9/11 with friendly soccer match
- Pedaling partnerships: 173rd Airborne represents USA in Estonian cross-country cycling competition
- Returning Home: An American returns to the place he grew up
- Sky Soldier reconnects with Lithuanian 'family' after 20 years
- 173rd Airborne Brigade paratroopers clear way for Estonian school playground
- President Obama visits troops in Estonia
- Michigan’s 46th MP Company takes part in State Partnership Exercise with Latvian Zemmessardze
- 'Sky Soldiers' and 'Iron Wolves' certify on Combatives
- To the castle: 173rd Airborne, Maryland National Guard compete in Admiral Pitka Recon Challenge
- 173rd Airborne paratroopers never tire of jumping from planes
- Paratroopers, Latvians develop understanding through training, planning
- Latvian, US Soldiers celebrate local military history
- Paratroopers honor the 70th Anniversary of Warsaw Uprising
- 173rd Airborne scrapes, primes and paints at Lithuanian orphanage
- Paratroopers, Latvian soldiers focus on friendships, relationships
- Paratroopers conduct missile, mortar live-fire exercise
- Paratroopers share U.S. Army with children at Latvia summer camp
- Video: U.S. Army Europe 'Sky Soldiers' train with partners in Lithuania
- U.S. and Polish forces showcase alliance for local Polish children
- Secretary of the Army commends Sky Soldiers in Lithuania
- American, Lithuanian forces begin combined tactical field excercise
- Lithuanian military to train conducting defensive operations at tactical field exercise Black Arrow 2014 with U.S. allies
- North Atlantic Council stresses collective defence, cyber security during Estonia visit
- American, Canadian paratroopers jump in to Poland for exercise
- Vide: B-Roll footage of American, Canadian paratroopers
- U.S. Army Europe commander visits Sky Soldiers in the Baltics
- 173rd paratroopers arrive in Poland, Baltics for unscheduled exercises
- Operation Atlantic Resolve video playlist
- 173rd paratroopers land in Estonia
- 173rd paratroopers land in Lithuania
- 173rd conducts unscheduled training with Lithuania Army
- 173rd conducts unscheduled training with Latvian Army
- 173rd paratroopers arrive in Poland
- 173rd deploys to expand land force training exercises in Baltic region