WIESBADEN, Germany - Immediate Response 2019 is a multinational exercise, co-led by Croatian Armed Forces, Slovenian Armed Forces and U.S. Army Europe, taking place from May 10 – June 7, at various locations throughout Croatia, Hungary and Slovenia.
The objectives of IR19 are to build multinational, regional and joint readiness; enhance mil-to-mil relationships; and improve interoperability between the land forces to provide mutual assurance, deter regional aggression, and support a balanced approach to security and stability in the Balkan region.
The exercise will include approximately 6,500 participants from 15 nations including Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Lithuania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Slovenia, the United Kingdom and the United States. Approximately 3,000 U.S. Army Europe personnel will participate.
Highlights of IR19 include several airborne jumps, air assaults, medical training, port operations and the establishment and integration of a multinational battalion.
Members of the media are invited to attend several key events during IR19:
- May 13 – Joint Forcible Entry (Cerklje Air Base, Slovenia) – airborne operation
- May 14 – Distinguished Visitor and Media Day (Cerklje Air Base, Slovenia) – demonstration, static display and interview opportunities with various multinational senior leaders
- May 18 – Air Assault (Slunj Military Training Area, Croatia) – live fire, helicopter fast roping
- May 29 – Distinguished Visitor and Media Day (Slunj Military Training Area, Croatia) – celebration of Croatia’s 10th Anniversary of NATO accession, demonstration, static display and interview opportunities with various multinational senior leaders
Media interested in attending must submit the following information to USArmyEurope.MediaDesk@mail.mil by noon Friday:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Phone number
- Vehicle license plate (if known)
Media coverage opportunities will be available at the nine exercises occurring this summer, visit www.eur.army.mil/SummerExercises to learn more.