(1) Write your own request and label it "Freedom of Information Act Request" (within the body of the letter and on the envelope).
(2) Address the request to the military command or installation likely to have the information you seek.
(3) You must also state your willingness to pay applicable fees. If you seek a fee waiver, provide a justification for the waiver.
(4) Describe the specific records you are requesting in enough detail so that they can be located with a reasonable amount of effort. Generally, a record is "reasonably described" when the description contains sufficient file-related information (type of document, title, subject area, date of creation, originator, etc.)
- Please note you cannot submit a Freedom of Information Act request using government resources or devices.